Building a New Awareness-It’s an Inside Job
It had been a while since I last stepped onto the pulpit at my beloved church, Unity By the Shore, to bring the message of the day and then to lead a workshop immediately following the service. Several years as a matter of fact, long enough that many changes had occurred in the life of this community of faith and at least as many changes had occurred in me. So it was fitting that my charge on that day was to create a message around the theme of awareness, hence the title of my talk: Building a New Awareness-It’s an Inside Job.
Part of what we explored that morning and what we explored more fully in the afternoon workshop were some creative ways to help us all get unstuck.
We looked at:
1. Using movement to live the Truth that you know (simple everyday movement);
2. Using movement and stillness to stimulate creative thinking and heighten connection to God-Mind, with the aim of bringing forth wisdom, healing, prosperity and everything good;
3. Using movement. and stillness to decrease stress in your life, declutter your mind, freeing the spirit and inner dancer!
This concept that a new awareness can stem from movement is based upon a one of my life’s foundational beliefs: Movement is My Medicine. Whatever you want to change in life or if you want to make a change, one has to add movement into the equation. [No movement = no change = diminished = no self-awareness].
During the service, I invited the gathered community to consider these thoughts and then to try them on to see if there was a fit, an additional pathway to explore to create a sense of new awareness. This invitation then continued into the afternoon workshop, Sacred Dance: Be Still and Know, with the gathered community of 13 courageous women who came to take a deeper dive.
For the greater community, if you are now reflecting and considering the thoughts shared above, I would like to add some recommendations of music that may help guide your journey toward a new awareness. I have often used this music in my Sacred Dance workshops and privately during moments of reflection.
Create reflect, live your Truth, Be Still and Know, heighten your connection to God, distress, declutter, breathe:
• Canyon Trilogy R. Carlos Nakai World 1989
• You Can Relax Now Shaina Noll New Age 2002 (Be Still and Know/Sunrise is Here
• 5-Element Music for QiGong, Tai Chi, Yoga and Meditation: The Wood Element Jason Campbell New Age 2016
• Osho Kundalina Meditation Deuter New Age 1978 1st Stage
Enjoy! What did you shake loose in your life this week? What moved in you and through you to help you become who you needed to be? Let me know at email@example.com